- Posted by Human Resources
- On January 9, 2018
- 0 Comments
The Automation Specialist will be responsible to plan, design, develop, maintain and execute all automated tests scripts. They will apply technical expertise to deliver dedicated automation services to all projects while ensuring adherence to timelines as well as relevant standards and practices. The Automation Specialistis also responsible to aide in the development, establishment and enforcement of Quality Assurance standards and best practices.
- Participating in the analysis to assess automation feasibility
- Automation requirements gathering and analysis
- Planning, defining, executing, and analyzing automation related testing strategies and solutions through business, functional and technical expertise
- Designing and implementing testing framework, building function libraries, Object Repositories and recovery scenarios for various applications.
- Implementing or supervising the design and implementation of automated testing scripts
- Analyzing testing results and defect reporting
- Assisting in identifying, analyzing, mitigating and responding to project and operational risks
- Assisting in utilizing efficient and effective processes and standards in order to continuously improve the test automation service
- Work estimates
- Automation strategy and framework
- Structured and documented code
- Reusable code, following defined coding standards
- Reports on automated test execution status
- Experience of minimum 5 to 10 yearsexperience.
- 5+ years of experience with HP ALM and Unified Functional Testing (UFT) – Script Development & Maintenance
- 5+ years experience in VB Script and GUI testing techniques
- Experience in SQL database Queries and data driven testing
- Experience with ALM OTA (Open Test Architecture)
- Advanced experience with Excel macros
- Experience with windows and Unix operating systems
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills with strong programming background.
- Demonstrated skills in the following testing toolsets: HP Suite (ALM, BPT, UFT & Load Runner, MQ Messaging)
- Experience with automation test strategy, automation testing framework, planning, execution, and analysis of detailed test plans for multiple releases
- Knowledgeable in Performance Testing and Load Runner is an asset
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Work in a lab environment with other automation team members.
Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.